Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

S'mores Brownies

In the wise words of my youngest sister, Klea, "It's always nice to eat something warm and gooey on a rainy day." I agree.


Oddly enough, though both my mom and dad were members of the girl scouts and boy scouts of the Philippines respectively in their youth, none of their 4 daughters ever had an inkling to such activities. We have no idea how to pitch a tent, start a fire, build a shelter from branches, etc. Heck I don't even know how to find my way back using a compass! But. There is one thing we can definitely do, make incredible s'mores!!! That's a legitimate camping thing, right?

Ah yes. Put me in a campsite and make sure there's enough supply of graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolates, and I assure you none of those scouts will go hungry.

But what if you don't have graham crackers but only graham cracker crumbs? Or no open campfire but just an oven? Or what if you just happen to have a lot of butter, eggs, flour, and sugar on hand? Well then, you have the power in your hands to turn a humble s'more into a s'more brownie!

It's a brownie composed of 3 layers: a graham cracker crumb crust, a dark chocolate brownie, and marshmallows! Of course you have to torch or broil the marshmallows. It just isn't a s'more if your marshmallow ain't gooey and toast-y - and that's about all I know about camping.:P


PS. Our prayers go out to all the people affected by the recent series (I believe it's still ongoing) of typhoons hitting the country. May you find something to make you feel warm and gooey on the inside soon! Stay safe everyone!:)

PPS. I got the recipe from mybakingaddiction. That site is heaven.:)

2 comments:

nica :) said...

waaa trinkaaaa <3 gusto ko din :(

Trinka Gonzales said...

Nikka! The recipe's in the link, it's an easy one! Enjoy!:)

Post a Comment