Recent Posts

Friday, July 22, 2011

Callebaut-dipped Macadamia



My parents and I went to the baking supply store today. My mom made sure she grabbed some macadamia nuts while I accidentally grabbed some Callebaut dark chocolate chips. Of course, once you get home and see both of them side by side, a light bulb moment will automatically ensue.



I've never used Callebaut before. Callebaut, Valrhona, Ghirardelli. The best of the best in the chocolate world. I always found them to be too expensive for me to use since I might screw things up and end up wasting them. But my oh my, were these chocolate chips delicious! They were very very dark, they easily melt in your mouth, and they leave a nice chocolate aftertaste for some time. I thought heck, if I screw this up, I'd be happy to eat my mistake.;)


But then again, it wasn't rocket science, what I was about to do. I simply had to melt these rich chocolate morsels (I have yet to master the art of tempering chocolate. Shame I know, but for now melting will do.), dip the macadamia nuts, and set them. I didn't even have to worry about making them look...well, neat. But then again, that's also probably because while I was doing this, I was also trying to understand the telenovela that my mom's been following for weeks. Haha!

So...I'm happy to report that on my first try at using Callebaut, I did not screw things up. My new problem now is that I don't want to go back to my old chocolate brands.:P

Chocolate-coated Macadamia nuts for you, Mom. Because you did well in the hospital today.:*

0 comments:

Post a Comment