Recent Posts

Monday, July 25, 2011

Carrot Cake*

It takes approximately 50 minutes to grate 450 grams of carrots. That, or time just painfully slowed down while I was preparing to make carrot cake.

My mom asked me last weekend to make some carrot cake for her, wanting to bring something to the office. Incidentally, my carrot cake fan of a boyfriend had to do some errands nearby today and was going to drop by the house. So it was decided: today, I was going to make carrot cake.:)

Carrot cake is pretty simple to make. "Put together the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients, then combine the two, being careful not to overmix!" Thus, I expected today's baking to be relatively relaxed. Until I had to deal with them carrots. I've forgotten that it takes forever to grate them. So, for 50 long minutes I slaved away and grated carrots.


So... carrots. I'm not a fan. I don't like eating them cooked, more so raw. But baked into a cake, that's different! Especially when topped with some cream cheese frosting! I obviously miss the point of eating carrots because they're good for you haha.

Ain't baking magical?;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

trinka!!! mag demo ka daw dito sa mga lola ko ng carrot cake skillzzzz mo, gusto din kasi ni mama pinakita ko blog mo eh :))) - chinkay

Anonymous said...

Gusto ko din ng carrot cake :)

Post a Comment