Recent Posts

Saturday, August 6, 2011

On The "Extra Buttons" and Learning Something New


In my quest to make my dessert pictures look better, I just spent the last 3++hours studying what the buttons on my sister's camera are for. My mind is o_O as terms such as ISO, shutter speed, aperture, white balance, and depth of field are swimming across it.


I've never been a fan of technical things. But thanks to Digital Photography School, trying to learn how to use a DSLR properly is somewhat easier. If you're trying to self-learn photography like me, I highly recommend their website.

So far, I think I know what the buttons are for now...
ISO controls the sensitivity to light,
Aperture controls the hole in your lens and the amount of light that gets in,
Shutter speed controls the exposure time, and
White balance controls the accuracy of the colors in your image.

HA. In 3 hours, I'm a better person already.:P

Now I just have to keep practicing because I know all of them are interrelated but I'm not getting the hang of it yet. Plus, I now have to study proper focusing and lighting 'cause by the look of the shadow from that apple, I have a lot to learn.


Okay, hopefully this will be the start of me taking better dessert pictures. Trying to learn taking good pictures is fun, reminds me of a video I watched earlier this afternoon.

LEARN from Rick Mereki on Vimeo.


Keep learning something new, everyone!:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment