Recent Posts

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Braving It Out: Beef Stroganoff

"When baking, follow directions. When cooking, go by your own taste." - Laiko Bahrs

If that quote's not good enough, let me give you a list of why I think I'm not cut out to be a cook.


1. My weighing scale and measuring cups were with me every step of the way and I was very uncomfortable with the phrases "a sprinkle", "just enough", and "to taste". WHAT? Is that a teaspoon? A cup? 10 grams? 20?

2. I cooked with my spatula! At one point my mom took it, put it in the sink, and said "silicone or not, don't cook with that."

3. I forgot to put salt and pepper. Haha!

The Beef Stroganoff turned out pretty well. But still, I don't know, it was so STRESSFUL! How do you know if the beef is brown enough or tender enough? Is it time to put in the next ingredient already? And, above all, it's so hot but you can't do anything about it because the heat's coming from what you're cooking!

So, two things happened today. 1) I cooked. 2) I realized that I'm the pro-structure, pro-rules, and pro-measurement kind of person.


0 comments:

Post a Comment