Recent Posts

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing

My boyfriend got the job he's been wanting to get for a long time. So I thought I'd make him a "congratulations" gift.:)


He's a forex trader starting next week. Mr. fancy pants.:P Speaking of which, he will have to wear fancy business attires everyday now. So I thought I'd help him out, especially with the ties.:P

I made him sugar cookies iced with royal icing. I cut them with my handmade cookie cutters so they be in the shape of neckties and folded long-sleeved buttoned-up shirts...Well, those were what they were supposed to be, anyway.:P

I literally made these for almost one whole day. I started at 9 am, then disaster struck so I had to redo them, which meant I finished at 4:30 pm. By the time I was icing them, I was so tired and hungry and grumpy - alas, my very very neat piping work.:P Moral of the story: don't pipe icing when you're angry at the world!

But I reckon my hard work today won't even compare to the hard work he's put in to get the job of his dreams. Congratulations on the new job, Chubs!:)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Likey!

Post a Comment